Need Help With Dizziness & Balance?
A balance disorder is a condition marked by the symptoms of feeling unsteady or dizzy. While walking, you may feel like you are tipping-over. While standing, lying or sitting still, you may feel as if you are moving, spinning or floating. The most common balance disorders are:
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Meniere’s disease
Vestibular & Balance Testing
Vestibular testing is used to determine whether symptoms of dizziness are being caused by the balance system of the inner ear.
Southwest Ohio ENT Specialists and Hillcrest offer comprehensive diagnostic/testing appointments in each of our offices for dizziness and balance concerns. Your primary care provider or ENT will refer you for balance testing. Once we know the cause for your symptoms, an individualized treatment plan will be developed by your physician and suggested to you.
Treatment options may include:
- Medications (antihistamines, sedatives, antibiotics or steroids)
- Physical or occupational therapy
- Repositioning exercises
- Vestibular retraining programs
- Lifestyle modifications (such as dietary changes and elimination of alcohol and nicotine)
We focus on targeting the underlying cause of your symptoms in order to help you to feel better.